Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

School just started this week. Last week I went to enjoy the last bit of summer vacation remaining by going to Goat Island. Yeah, you sure did hear it rite. Beeeeek Island :)

It was just a relaxed jaulah with summer sisters. There weren't any goats on the island. We didn't even step foot on it. We just saw it from the beach somewhere in...Pakiri, I think. It was named Goat Island because the sailers back in the early days named it so. The significance of it? mm..not quite sure. It was a marine reserved and protected area.

Firstly, there was the Glass Bottom Boat. We all, at first, got excited. Really excited. The water was indeed beautiful as you go further out. It was bluish n greenish. SubhanAllah. Beau.ti.ful. I tell you.  After half an hour or so, we all got dizzy. Well, most of us, that is. All the mat sallehs cool je.

So, we had to have our lunch early because we weren't in the mood to go jumping into the water yet - all because of the dizziness. After refreshing ourselves with wudhuk, solat, and lunch, we went snorkeling!

Snorkeling was fun fun fun. It tests your ability to trust your mouth-breathing solely. Of course in the beginning you'd get confused on trying not to breath through the nose. Once you master it, it was cooool. Alhamdulillah I got to see one fish. One was enough. I didn't dare to swim deeper than my height. 
While having fun seeing the underwater, there was a mixture of fear as well. I remembered the story of how Cat Stevens almost drowned, but then Allah saved him. He said, "God if you save me, I'll serve you." 

One of my akak seniors once mentioned, how when it comes to drowning,  and being helpless in the middle of the ocean, people would be screaming for no other than God's help, Allah's help. I began to think, what if I was drowned. Even in the middle of a bunch of crowd that was swimming and snorkeling nearby, with no one noticing me? Flashes of what I did, and what I wish I have done ran in my head. Adakah cukup pergantunganku dengan Allah? Sepenuh-penuhnya pergantungan?? Have I had enough proof to claim that I was a good muslim in this short world? That truly Allah is my Lord? That I followed every sunnah of the prophet, at my very best?
Ya Allah. So many things that we treat for granted. That we don't even bother spending time thinking, when Allah already reminded us :
O you who have believed, fear Allah. And let every soul look to what it has put forth for tomorrow - and fear Allah. Indeed Allah is Acquainted with what you do.                
                                                                      [Surah Al Hasyr, 59:18]
What have we put forth for tomorrow? For the eternal hereafter? What have we done? What have we accomplish? What have we worked hard on? 

Think about it my dear friends. Before its too late for you and me. 

Till then.
Assalamualaikum~